Doing Business in Trinity County


A well-coordinated permit and planning process, and a business friendly atmosphere, contribute to the ease of opening or locating a business.
money image
Business licenses are not required within the county. A county-wide Chamber of Commerce, as well as individual community and service organizations, promote an active business environment.




Permits / Planning

Trinity County Planning Department may be contacted for information concerning general planning, zoning and required permits for building and special uses.  If you are building a facility or the existing structure requires major renovation, you may need a Building Permit.  Trinity County also has provisions for home occupations and cottage industries.  The Planning Department will help you with the various rules affecting such businesses.

Trinity County Planning Department
60 Glen Road (was 190 Glen Rd.)
P.O. Box 2819
Weaverville, CA  96093
(530) 623-1354


Business License

Trinity County does not require a business license.


Fictitious Business Name

If your planned business name does not include your full name, you will need to register a fictitious name with the County Clerk’s Office.

County Clerk's Office
11 Court Street (formerly 101 Court St.)
P.O. Box 1215
Weaverville, CA  96093
(530) 623-1215


Seller's Permit (Sales Tax)

If you plan to sell taxable goods or services, you may need a Seller’s Permit.

California State Board of Equalization
2881 Churn Creek Road, Suite B
Redding, CA  96002-1146
(530) 224-4729


Employer Identification Numbers

If you hire any employees, you may need to obtain an employer identification number.

Internal Revenue Service
850 Industrial Lane
Redding, CA  96002
(530) 224-0695

State Employment Tax Office
1325 Pine Street
Redding, CA  96001
(530) 225-2205


Worker’s Compensation Insurance

If you have employees, you need to have Worker’s Compensation Insurance.  Your insurance agent can handle this or you may contact:

State Compensation Insurance Fund
364 Knollcrest Drive
Redding, CA  96002
(530) 223-7000



If you are planning to operate a food service business, or any other business related to public health, you will need to contact the Trinity County Health Department.

Trinity County Public Health
P.O. Box 1470
#51 Industrial Park Way
Weaverville, CA  96093
Phone - (530) 623-8209
Toll Free - 1-800-766-6147
Fax - (530) 623-1297

books image





Trinity Economic Development Corporation

Jesse Cox, President
Mail inquiries to:
P.O. Box 2148
Weaverville, CA  96093

The TEDC is a non-profit corporation supporting economic and community development in Trinity County.


Superior California Economic Development District

737 Auditorium Drive
Redding, CA  96001
(530) 225-2760

P.O. Box 1830
Weaverville, CA  96093
(530) 623-2764

SCEDD provides small business training and technical assistance, economic development information, and a business development loan program for qualifying businesses in Trinity County.


Center for Economic Development

California State University, Chico
Chico, CA  95929-0765
(530) 898-4598

The Trinity County Economic and Demographic Profile is available at CED which contains accurate indicators such as taxable sales, income, employment, education, and community health, and many more.  CED also provides a resource center full of useful economic development information.




JobLink / Trinity Occupational Training

P.O. Box 1430
Weaverville, CA  96093
(530) 623-5538

JobLink is the one-stop career, job training and business assistance center serving employers, workers, job seekers and other community members of Trinity County.


Top of Page | Previous Page